I've been working on a new website....This is a screen shot of my new website "Home" page.
I've been experimenting with many site builders and ran into frustration to the point of pulling my hair out and giving up. However, the other day all that changed when I ran across a place called Wix. Things couldn't be easier now and I'm very happy about that because I kind of like my hair.
Now, let me tell you what I like about Wix...
1. You can try it for free to get a feel for it and see if it's a good fit for you. With the free service you will have the word "wix" in your web address and on your site.
2. You can pay and either buy your domain from Wix or use your current domain and simply use Wix as the DNS (domain name server). If you already have a domain you design your website at Wix and then go to the host of your current domain and request that Wix become the name server....it sounds more complicated than it actually is = ) They have several affordable platforms to choose from.
3. You can go with a less expensive platform and then update to ecommerce (adding a shopping cart to your site) when you're ready, or you can jump right in with an ecommerce site right away.
4. They have the best page designs to choose from that I've seen so far. Within each theme you will find unique and cool features to really make your site awesome. I'm looking forward to adding a Gallery page with some of my jewelry pieces because they offer some fabulous choices to choose from.
5. It's beyond easy to use and they have video tutorials for almost everything.
I already own a domain name that I had purchased from another venue sometime back. So, after completing my "Home" page design on Wix, I went to my domain host and transferred my DNS to Wix....couldn't be easier than that.
If you're interested in designing a webpage for yourself, or maybe looking for a new look for your current webpage, check them out...you might be as pleasantly surprised as I was. I have the "Home" page completed and will be adding other pages as time permits, such as a "Gallery" section and an "About" page.
To check out Wix, visit http://www.wix.com/