Pages

Saturday, June 16, 2012

My Work Area...

I thought I'd share a few photos of one of my work spaces.


This is an area in our breakfast room I use as my main working area. I love all the natural light in this room. In addition, I have an area in a spare bedroom with my light box to photograph my pieces and shelving to organize my gemstone beads. In the garage is a workbench with my vice and torch to anneal and do heavier metal work...





While up in the attic I ran across a big container full of vintage silverware I've collected from auctions and flea markets over the years. While looking through it I suddenly got an idea for a jewelry piece! So, I picked out a nice fork, ran downstairs and started to work...





I have a large collection of hammers, sheers, pliers and files but, these are the ones I always reach for. I'm always on the look-out for different hammers and cool tools...








My favorite pliers! Last year I splurged and bought myself a set of Lindstrom pliers. The coveted Lindstrom pliers are made in Sweden and are world renowned, known by jewelers for consistently high quality, superior design and manual sensitivity. Also pictured is a pair of nylon jaw pliers used to straighten wire and a pair of Wubber barrel pliers I use when making ear wires. A jewelry maker can never have too many pairs of pliers.. or can they? http://www.lindstromtools.us/







A collection of gemstones patiently waiting for completion. I haven't decided on final designs yet but, I know I want to end up with a ring, pendants and a bracelet or two...







Thank you for reading!








2 comments:

  1. You have a nice airy work table. I like it alot :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my first time i visit here and I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially it's discussion, thank you.
    quilting

    ReplyDelete